If you ever go through dry spells here are some reasons why you may be slacking off on hanky panky time. That does not mean that these are the only reasons for a persons sex drive to diminish, but at least you have a starting point to rule out some possibilities you may not think of. As far as I can tell the best thing you can do is try to be as healthy as you can and look after yourself if you hope to have a long and happy sex life with your partner.
1. Obesity. In men who are overweight, fat cells can produce the female hormone estrogen, which kills the sex drive. People who exercise regularly have higher sex drives so now when you think of exercising remember you are doing it to stay in shape and to ensure a healthy sexual appetite.
2. Stress. That includes stress at home, work and also financial problems. Stress is sometimes unavoidable and many people do not even realize they are stressed. There are many different ways to deal with stress and you should find the method best suited to you. Screwing the secretary does not count.
3. Sleep Deprivation. That is supposed to be the top sex drive killer, because sleep deprivation results in an irregular routine and insomnia as well as causing one to feel drained and lethargic. Now if you fall asleep at your desk at work you can say you are working on keeping you sex drive up…
4. Alcohol. I am not talking about when people go out binge drinking, get wasted and then hook up, because I do not evenm know how many people remember the whole night and the ‘encounter’. The long term effects of drinking copious amounts can kill one’s libido for a while. You have been warned!
5. Drugs. Prescribed drugs and illegal drugs alike have the ability to nuke your sex drive and sometimes make it near to impossible to reach orgasm. There are so many reasons to stay away from drugs and this is just one more on a long list.
6. Depression. Not everyone suffers from depression that needs to be treated with anti-depressants, but depression alone can cause people to become disinterested in sex. So stay happy!
7. Wrong Diet. Have you not seen Supersize Me? The guy openly admitted to have no sex drive while he ate a bunch of junk. You are what you eat, never forget that.
8. Low Testosterone. Right, now we know testosterone levels drop the older men get and that is where the little blue pill comes in to play, but women also have testosterone in them so when the levels drop too low don’t expect any sexy time. There are ways to raise testosterone naturally.
9. Giving Birth. When you have a screaming child demanding your attention 24/7 and all your energy goes in to shutting it up and keeping it happy until your are at the point of exhaustion you too would not have the patience or energy for sex. So, hire a nanny 🙂